Thursday 5 March 2015

The Cool Swimming



Beep! The medley is starting, the racing students are full with energy and ready to win. The water spreads out to the boiling air and splashes into tiny bits and drops like it is raining. The towels are lined up and ready for the swimmers to sit down.The cheering gets louder by the minute. The medley is about to finish who has won? As the shivering students make their way back from swimming in the cold pool to where they claimed to be. their friends started to ask hard questions.

“Next!” Boomed the announcer, “is freestyle!!” Oh no that is me and since it is my first time in the competition I have butterflies in my tummy but that is not going to stop me. So I walk up to the starting line and… 3! 2! 1! beep! I dive in, as I hit the water I felt the shivers run up and down my spine wow it is freezing in here. As I got out the next was the finals but I was not in it so I go and sit down.



Next is backstroke for the width as soon as I heard the beep I was off towards the line. I did not get into either 3 place or 2 or 1st So I waited to be told to get out next was the length backstroke. I waited for my last swim which was breaststroke. The finals have finished so now is breaststroke. I walked to the start and hopped in then the beep went and I tried to do my best once I felt the cold wet concrete and stopped it was a new high score for me.

As I made way to the seat I was beaming ear to ear, it was so fun I wish I could do it again and again! I knew that I had persevered to my goal In my mind, I felt I had meet my challenge and I found out how much fun it was when I tried harder at everything, so for now on I will try harder at things I do not try hard at and have more, fun and have more skill in it. I wonder if I will improve in swimming and get into other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment