Thursday 30 April 2015

Port Waikato camp.

As my hand hit the hard sharp rocks, the yells that came below me rang through my ears, I grazed my knee, but since the blood was really a blob, I did not care. I know that papa bear is the hardest and mama bear is easier.  the only way for me to calm down is to close my eyes and forget this is happening. The dry water in my mouth is the only thing that is not tight with sacredness. The rope is the only thing I can hold onto. All of me is shaking with the sway of the bushes. The the long dry grass the shake with the soft wind, so I move to the rhythm to calm myself down.

The harness squeezes me like a snake squeezing its prey. I can’t explain what it was like but it was fun.  the small stream trickles in a line. When my eyes start to prickle with tears, The rope goes blurry, I think I will not make it. The dry grass  tickles my nose as I sneeze. I hope it will be over soon.
DSC04445.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment