Wednesday 24 September 2014

I hate tomatoes!

We  have been looking at the amazing Dr. Seuss in Team 3, and today had a go at writing our own silly, rhyming pieces. We based our pieces on ‘green eggs and ham’ and chose a food we absolutely despise. It was really fun but hard. Here is my attempt:

I hate tomatoes!

I hate tomatoes
not ever am I going to try
I will not eat them if you give me rewards
I will scream if I see them or maybe cry

I do not think they are delicious
but people say they taste like rice
I say tomatoes are disgusting
and they taste like old dead mice!

Look around I see red everywhere
I could make a tomato band
They are runny inside and out,
in my opinion they look like dirty sand.

when I see tomatoes
I run and scream like I am scared of hay!
I will never ever try them
I won’t even say g'day!


3 comments:

  1. I love your rhyming words, I can even picture your writing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe I love your poem I see you really don't like tomatoes!! And neither do I, I never have and never will!. Your writing is amazing well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this such a fantastic and fun piece of writing, Susan!? Chloe worked so hard on this yesterday, and wrote the whole thing by herself (with only a few tweaks after feedback from myself and her peers). I really love how she was really creative with her sentence structure so that it added impact to her writing and allowed her to rhyme words with greater ease ('not ever am I going to try'). I, too, really don't tomatoes :-D

    ReplyDelete